Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Foxconn factory

I feel so bad for the workers for apple in china. I was reading about the factory, ind it looked like a disaster. They had their workers working for 50 hour nonstop shifts. The wages were 50 cents a hour. It's like a old factory in Lowell. I was reading that in 2010,the conditions were so terrible, that 32 employees attempted suicide with 14 of them succeeding. I like apple's products in all but if they treat their enployees like this, I am not up for their stuff. They also have about two people die each week because of poor health conditions. I looked up the factory on google images and saw photos of miserable people. There was also a few photos of protest movements. There was a photo of workers holding posters of iPads with skulls on it.

2 comments:

  1. Terrible, isn't it? Let's hope that Apple didn't already know about it, and that they will do something about it now that they do - or you won't be the only one leaving their products behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds horrible! I will never buy another app ever again!

    ReplyDelete